360° Videos / Virtual Tours
What is a Video Tour?: the use of video to provide a visual tours of a location prior to entering the environment. This is done for the purpose of decreasing anxiety by providing a predictable visual navigation opportunity of the location.
How are Video Tours Used ?
- The individual watches a video tour of a public location or business PRIOR to entering the environment.
- This can be done independently or paired with video expectations (i.e.ordering food, appropriate behavior, identifying key locations such as exits and bathrooms, where seating may be found, etc.)
Who Would use Video Tours?
- Individuals with Autism and Asperger’s are typically visual learners. Predictability reduces the anxiety of upcoming transitions.
- Wheelchair users may use it to determine if a location is easily accessible for a wheelchair (i.e.bathroom location, aisle width, high top versus low top tables, access to beaches/parks, etc)
- Individuals suffering from Anxiety Disorders would benefit from a predictable demonstration of a location prior to entering.
- Individuals that are hard of hearing may use this tool to determine if seating is available away from distracting/loud areas (i.e. open kitchen or bar areas)
- Individuals with low vision can use Able Eyes to explore a location prior to entering to determine ease of navigation through the environment.
Request an On-Location Video (Either Business/Non-Business)